Spikeless Golf Shoes are the fastest growing segment in golf equipment and Golf Datatech’s newly released study sets a benchmark for where this category is now and where it is headed. Spikeless golf footwear has been available for years, historically a low priced alternative product targeting players who played infrequently or who were very price sensitive.
So, what innovations tipped the scale and created broad demand for a spikeless product? Why have many tour players embraced a product they historically shunned? How big is the spikeless category and how big will it become in the long term? Which brands are consumers most likely to purchase? This 166 page study of the spikeless golf footwear will attempt to shed light on these questions and much more.
A few findings from the study include:
- About one‐third of those surveyed consider themselves to be “loyal” to a single golf footwear brand
- 35%of respondents who are aware of spikeless golf shoes say they are likely to buy a pair within the next year
- Single digit handicappers that already owned spikeless footwear, 70% were very pleased with their performance
- The average respondent typically pays $107 for a pair of new golf shoes
- 29% of serious golfers surveyed have purchased a new pair of golf shoes within the past three months
To purchase the study or to find out more please click here or call us, 888-944-4116.