Updated – January 6th, 2020
Golf Datatech is committed to protecting our customer privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the current data protection legislation, including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
WHO THIS NOTICE APPLIES TO
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect when Golf Datatech collects personal information from you as a data subject. It applies to information we collect about:
- OUR CUSTOMERS
- CUSTOMERS OF OUR WEB AND DATA SERVICES
- CUSTOMERS IN CONJUNCTION WITH OUR PARTNERS
- OUR PARTNERS
- VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
- DATA WE COLLECT FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES
- CUSTOMERS OR OTHER INDIVIDUALS WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
WHO WE ARE
We are a company that provides the golf industry with specialized market research covering retail sales, inventory, pricing and distribution, along with consumer attitude and usage studies and strategic sales and marketing consulting.
Our contact details are:
- Company: Golf Datatech LLC
- Website: http://www.golfdatatech.net/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/
- Tel: +1 407-944-4116
- Address: 2600 Michigan Ave. P.O. Box 452200, Kissimmee, FL USA
DATA WE COLLECT AND OUR BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We may require information identified below primarily to allow us to perform our contract with the customer and to enable us to comply with legal obligations. In some cases we may use personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties, provided the data subject’s interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. The situations in which we will process personal information are identified below.
Golf Datatech holds the contact details of our customers around the world, so that we can provide support on the products and services that we sell to our customers, as well as being able to manage the relationship with our customers, such as billing and other management information. Where appropriate, we share these with our partners who are sales or support associates who operate in other geographical locations.
The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between the customer and us and/or taking steps, at a customer’s request, to enter into such a contract.
We do not store any bank or credit card details for our customers.
- CUSTOMERS OF OUR WEB AND DATA SERVICESGolf Datatech holds the contact details of our customers who buy and use our web and data services so that we may provide support on these services, as well as being able to manage the relationship with our customers, such as billing and other management information. We may also hold log-in information for these services so that we are able to manage and support these services for our customers.The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between the customer and us and that it is in our legitimate interests to do so for the purposes of communications and customer satisfaction.
- CUSTOMERS IN CONJUNCTION WITH OUR PARTNERS
Golf Datatech partners with 3rd party providers worldwide to provide services to our customer base. These partners may provide products and services directly to our customers or indirectly through Golf Datatech in conjunction with some of our products and services. In these cases, our partners (3rd party provider) will have access to the contact details for the customer and to any data that they process or store on their behalf.The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between the customer and us or the 3rd party provider and that it is in our legitimate interests to do so for the purposes of communications and customer satisfaction.
- OUR PARTNERSGolf Datatech works with a number of partners, who are usually sales or support associates who operate in other geographical locations. We hold contact details on these partners. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between the customer and us and/or our legitimate interests, namely our interest in the proper administration of our website and business.
- DATA WE COLLECT FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES
We may collect anonymous and/or aggregated information during the course of our operations. We may also apply a process of de-identification to your data to making it unlikely to identify you. Research data is collected for the context of commercial research. All data is collected and processed in accordance with Golf Datatech’s data policies. Data will be aggregated and anonymous.The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between the customer and us and that it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- CUSTOMERS OR OTHER INDIVIDUALS WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICESWhen we receive a complaint in a phone call, we record the complaint and pass it onto the management team. Where a complaint is received via an email or letter, it is passed onto the management team.We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our services and dealing with customer complaints.
CONSEQUENCES OF FAILING TO SUPPLY YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If the provision of personal data is part of the contractual requirement between us and our customer there may be possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data. For example, we will be unable to perform the contract if we do not have the personal data requested from you or we may be unable to provide you with the products, services and support services that you have ordered.
From time to time we would like to contact our customers via email, phone or post with Data, or research related, news, updates or information that, we believe, would enable them to get the most out of their service
Service messages about our products and services are provided to all our customers where relevant. This enables us to communicate when a product or service may be out of service, when an update to our products or services may be available, or when, for instance, we are doing maintenance work and a product or service may be unavailable for a period of time. Service messages are usually sent via email.
Existing customers who have bought (or negotiated to buy) a product or service from us in the past may be offered similar products.
Customers will always be given an option to unsubscribe within any marketing emails they receive from us.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Golf Datatech on occasion shall share your personal data with:
In the cases below, we may share your information with another party:
- Our customers are occasionally contacted and asked for feedback on our products and services by an external firm as part of our customer survey.
- We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of satisfying our contract with the customer.
- Financial transactions relating to our website and services may be handled by our payment services providers. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
- In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Notice, we may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- Golf Datatech will utilise select service providers and partners to enhance or manage aspects of our business operations. Our partners are required in contract to safeguard personal data inclusive of data transfer and to process only in a way instructed by us.
- Where Golf Datatech process retail audit data for its customers it may be required to contact 3rd party System providers and share your data to facilitate the conduct of its day to day business.
TRANSFERS TO THIRD COUNTRIES AND SAFEGUARDS
We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so. If our customer is outside of the EU their data may be shared with our support and sales partners which are local to them.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit as we will not be responsible for any data obtained through third party websites.
Our data retention procedure is designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
We shall not keep any personal for longer than is necessary for its purpose or purposes.
Notwithstanding the above, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data within one month of your request.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by e-mailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are certain general exclusions of the right to erasure. Those general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing. Those conditions are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to us, where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of the contract and when processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. If you object to direct marketing we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
If you wish to enforce any of your rights listed above please email us or write to us.
All of the above requests will also be forwarded on to any relevant third parties who are involved in the processing of your personal data.
COMPLAINTS AND QUERIES
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us (or third parties as identified above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and us using the contact details below or above as identified under ‘Who we are’. We request that you contact us in the first instance.
UK’S SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY:
Information Commissioner’s Office
If you have any questions about your privacy on this site, you should e-mail our team on email@example.com.
Updated January 6th, 2020
- Golf Datatech will NEVER sell, share, rent or trade your name or e-mail address or any information collected to another party outside of Golf Datatech without your consent.
- You will NEVER be asked to buy anything or contribute to any organization.
- Golf Datatech will NEVER solicit you for anything other than participating in a web based golf research project, incentive notifications or research results newsletters.
- We use the information collected for research purposes only. Any information you provide to us will be combined with responses given by others and reported in aggregate.
- Personal information provided as part of an incentive drawing may be provided to a third party for distribution of prizes.
- If at any time you would like to discontinue participating in our golf research project we respect your decision to do so. Opt out messages are provided with each survey invitation.
- Information collected through research surveys will be stored and processed in the United States. Golf Datatech may transfer information collected about you to affiliated entities, this information does not include your name and/or email address, but only data results from questions asked within research surveys.
- Golf Datatech cares about the security of your information, and uses appropriate safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as secure servers for data collection and password protected backup systems). However, Golf Datatech cannot ensure guarantee that information you transmit to Golf Datatech may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Golf Datatech will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- The laws in some countries grant particular rights in respect of personal information. In certain circumstances, users in the EEA have the right to:
- Request a copy of your information;
- Request that we correct inaccuracies relating to your information;
- Request that your information be deleted or that we restrict access to it;
- Request a structured electronic version of your information; and
- Object to our use of your information
- California panelists have additional rights afforded to them under the California Consume Privacy Act (CCPA)
For more details about the personal information Golf Datatech has collected in the past year, please see “Information we collect and its use”. For details on how we use that information, and who we share it with, “How we use your information” “Sharing your information”, please see Bullets 1-9.Golf Datatech does not “sell” (add defined in the CCPA) the personal information of the Golf Datatech Panel of Serious Golfers. The CCPA gives California consumers various rights with respect to the personal information we collect, including the right to (subject to certain limitations):
- Request to access the personal information Golf Datatech has on you;
- Request that Golf Datatech delete all of your personal information
California panelist may make a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will authenticate your request using the email address associated with which you opted into the Golf Datatech Panel of Serious Golfers and if necessary, proof of email@example.com
- Should any panelist wish to make a request in respect to your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some circumstances, Golf Datatech will not be able to comply with a request that you make in respect of your personal data. For example, we may not be able to provide a copy of your information where it infringes on the rights of another panelist or affects the results of published research results.
- We may update this policy from time to time to reflect our current practice and ensure compliance with applicable laws. When we post changes to this policy, we will revise the “Last Updated” date on the top of this policy.
- Email: email@example.comWrite:
2600 Michigan Avenue
PO Box 45200
Kissimmee, FL 34744
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
We may notify you of changes to this policy by providing you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates.
We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.