The 198-page Development of the Ultra-Premium Golf Club Category Study focuses on ultra-premium drivers, irons, putters and wedges. The research dives deep into understanding this increasingly important market. The study explores:
- Basic Golf-o-graphic questions for cross-tabbing gender, age, handicap, rounds played, and income to provide demographic sketch of who is buying in the ultra-premium category. Which brands are they playing? (Drivers, Irons, Putters, Wedges). Cross tab the various premium products with satisfaction and other metrics.
- How much did they spend for their most recent equipment purchases (Drivers, Irons, Putters, Wedges)? Did they pay more, less or what they expected to pay for their most recent purchase?
- Were they custom fit for the clubs? If so, where?
- How satisfied are they with their clubs? Drivers? Irons? Putter? Wedges?
- Why did they select the brand they did? Was their decision based on brand? Custom fitting?
- Did they go into the club buying process with a specific brand in mind? Or did they go in with an open mind and then decided at the point of sale or after being custom fit?
- Did they do research or get custom fit prior to making a purchase? Did they have discussions with friends, golf pro, instructors, others …about purchasing golf clubs prior to making the purchase?
- Are the brand names and/or reputation of the clubs important in the buying process? How important is the price of new club?
- How important is Technology in the selection process?
- Did they go into the purchase process expecting to pay ultra-premium prices?
- How do they get/consume golf information? What do they read/watch/gather online? Social Media?
- How much do they expect to spend on their next purchase…? Driver? Irons? Putter? Wedge?
- Are people shifting from what they previously paid to the newer price points?
- How much do they pay for golf balls and what is their favorite golf ball brand?
By segmenting the results into various “buckets” based upon the price they paid for the new clubs, Golf Datatech was able to provide extensive cross tab analysis examining the decision-making process of the Ultra-Premium Club Buyer.
To learn more about the study or to purchase click HERE.