Objectives of Study
The 2015 Custom Fitting Study expands and builds upon prior studies which were conducted in 2001, 2003, 2006, 2009 and 2012. The study is designed to provide a framework for understanding the evolution of custom fitting for golf equipment; including irons, drivers, fairways, hybrids, wedges and in 2009 opinions of golf shafts was added to the equipment set of questions. Also in 2009 custom fitting of the golf ball category was included.
Methodology of Study
Utilizing the Golf Datatech database of serious golfers, an online survey was conducted among a minimum of 1,000 serious golfers who have been custom fit at some point in their golfing history. The report also includes various cross tabs.
All respondents who completed the survey were entered into a random drawing for premium golf equipment.
Content of Analysis
- General Opinions on Custom Fitting
- Methods of Custom Fitting
- Channels where fitting was conducted
- Cost & Session lengths
- Fitting by category
- Irons, Drivers, Hybrids, Fairways, Wedges, Putters
- Brands and Custom Fitting
- Shafts and Custom Fitting – special order, after market
- Custom Fitting of Golf Balls
2015 Study now discounted – $3,000
Next installment early 2018 – $6,000