Conducted with 3,000 serious golfers in the Spring of 2019 to investigate how they evaluate new technology, how they gather information on new products and technology, and what influences them to purchase. To highlight the changes in attitudes and behaviors, the analysis concentrates on whether the “Trickle Down” effect still drives golf equipment sales.
The third installment of the study identifies, evaluates, analyzes and develops a deeper understanding of the impact and influence various sub-segments of the golf population have on the dissemination of information, trial and subsequent purchase of golf equipment. These sub-segments consist of the Traditional Pyramid (Segmented by Handicap), The Alpha Consumer (Segmented by those who purchase at a higher rate), The Leading Edge Innovator (Segmented by those who “Must Have” the latest technology) The Brand Loyalists (Segmented by those who are very brand loyal) Opinion Influencers (Segmented by those who Believe Others are Very Interested in their Opinions) as well as by Income, Age, Facility Played Most often and Gender.
Please note the comprehensive 745 page report is divided into three distinct sections:
- Findings & Commentary
- Assessing the Pyramid
- Highlights from the Traditional Pyramid of Influences
- Data Segmentations
- The Traditional Pyramid – Select research results by category segmented by Handicap
- The Alpha Consumer – Select research results by category segmented by those who purchase at a higher rate
- The Leading Edge Innovator – Select research results by category segmented by those who “must have” the latest technology
- Opinion Influencers – Select research results by category segmented by those who Believe Others are Very Interested in their Opinions
- Brand Loyalists – Select research results by category segmented by those we are Very Brand loyal to Club, Ball & Shoe Brands
- Income – Select Research results by category segmented by income ranges
- Age – Select research results by category segmented by age breakout
- Facility – Select research results by category segmented by facility played most often
- Gender – Select research results by category segmented by gender
- Topline Results
- Demographics – Gender, Age, Handicap, Annual Rounds Played, Years Played, Facility, Household Income
- Serious Golfer Profile
- Perceptions & Opinions (How “serious golfers” see themselves as influencers, how they believe their golfing friends and associates view them and how they feel about various influencers in their lives)
- Media Preferences (Opinions and usage of various media outlets)
- Brand Orientation (How “serious golfers” feel about branded products in their lives)
- Purchase Influencers & Triggers
- Shopping & Purchase Behavior (What influences serious golfers when it comes to evaluating and purchasing new golf equipment)
- Individual Category Section (Usage, pricing and purchase behavior, including pre-purchase behavior and purchase decision influencers) Drivers, Iron Sets, Golf Balls, & Golf Shoes.
To learn more call 888-944-4116. To purchase click HERE.